The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, general elections, arms licensing etc.
The Additional Collector/ District Revenue Officer runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District. He is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) and Deputy Collectors assists the Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The Project Officer District Rural Development Agency in the cadres of IAS/DRO , Personal Assistant Panchayat Development in the cadre of Deputy Collector, Assistant Director Town panchayats, Municipal commissioners & Municipal Corporation Commissioner areassisting collector in panchayat development and urban local body related works.
- Section A :: Deals with Establishment and Office Procedures
- Section B :: Land Assignment, House Site Pattas, Evietion of Encrochemnts ULT/Lease.
- Section C :: Law & Orders Cinema,Gun Licence, Gundas
- Section D :: Records Maintainence, Buildings, Freedom Fighters,Flood Drought,TNPSC
- Section E :: OAP-SSS & Other Pension Schemes ARS, DRS, TANSIAS,Sri lankan Refugee
- Section F :: Accounts Section-Pay Bill,HBA,Marriage Advance, Pension Schemes
- Section G :: e-governance
- Section H :: GDP, CM Cell
- Section I :: Uzhvar Patthukkapu Thittam, RTI, RTI Act 2005
- Section J :: Civil Supplies
- Section K:: Adi-Dravidar & Tribal Welfare Schemes
- Section M:: Land Acquisition, UDR Correction, RR Act ,Land Revenue,Patta Transfer
- Section N : Assignment Land, House Site, Lease Alination & Transfer of Land.
- Section W : Welfare Schemes for BC
- Excise : State Excise, TASMAC management
- PA(PD) : Establishment,Health & Tourism
- AD(P) : Panchayats Related Activities
- AD(audit) : Audit and High Level committee
- PA(SS) : Small Savings
- PA(NM) : School Noon Meals Related Activites
- PO(DRDA) : Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- A.D(TP) : Town Panchatyats related Activities
- A.D(Mines) : Mines & Minerals